Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Skylander Giants: Crusher

Hello Portal Masters,

Today, let's have a closer look at the Earth Giant, Crusher.

Let's start with his outer appereance:


(source:http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/475659_10151035316998623_675562391_o.jpg)

I think he looks quiet impressive. I would not want to mess with his hammer.
Also in toy form, Crusher knows to convince:


(source: http://static.ow.ly/photos/normal/GegJ.jpg)

The light up feature works nice on hi shoulder and in his eyes.
I think it is a little sad that the shards in his body don't all glow as well.


Now, let's have a look at his attacks.

His first attack (please note, the order of the attack is just how I chose it. I don't know how it will be in the game later) is just crushing his enemy with his giant hammer... Now we know how he got his name!

I know the picture aren't the best. To see him in action visit the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lne1_LAD6lY.

Hm, ok a melee attack, nothing special in my opinion, but ok.

Let's have a look at attack number 2. I call it Medusa's glance.

Ok, again to see it in action, look at the video.
As much as the melee attack let me down, this is absolutely amazing.
Turning your enemies to stone, that's so cool and so well fitting with the Giant and Earth theme, because that seems like a Giant ability (I hope it is not as difficult to target as Slam Bams Ice Prison).

The third and, as far as I see it, last attack (all the old skylanders had just three attacks, so I guess it will be similar with the Giants, although with the introduction of WowPow, who knows...)

Ok, that is really hard to see. Basically, our skylander explodes into bits and pieces and reassembles in the end.

I like how this could be an elegant way out of being ambushed.

So, I would say, for the fun of it, let's start a little voting system on the new toys, which we have seen in action.
Categoires are Looks (how much do I like the look of the Skylander), Originality (how much does the charatcer Design differ from other Skylanders), Powers (how do I like the powers), Variety (how much does he have to offer), overall rating

Looks: 3/5
Orignality: 2/5 (a little close to Prism Break in Design)
Powers: 4/5
Variety: 5/5 (melee attacks, Medusa's glance, exploding...)
Overall Rating: 3.5/5

I think I do like this Giant a lot, more based on Powers though than design.

But I am looking forward to test him!

What do you think? Is it Crush Hour soon?

Until next time,

Your Portal Master



1 comment:

  1. if u look at te pictures of him when hes doing his stone scream and hammer attack the hammer is box shaped
    while in the picture of him blowing up and reforming his hammer is rounder
    that only can mean that the explosion is the attack u buy
    im going to get him

    ReplyDelete